List Of Merchant Navy Entrance Exams
The Merchant Navy is a non-combatant commercial task force which deals with the transportation of cargo and intermittently, passengers, by sea. Some of the most well-known institutes which conduct courses in this field are the Training Ship Chanakya (T.S), Marine Research and Training Institute, Mumbai, the Marine Engineering Research Institute (MERI), in Mumbai and Kolkata etc. Admittance of those aspirants who wish to join the Merchant Navy Courses in India is held through the Indian Institute of Technology- Joint Entrance Exam (IIT- JEE). The two areas where the students are educated and trained are Navigation Science & Marine Engineering..
Courses & Eligibility Criteria
The courses and their details are as follows –
* B.E Marine Engineering: XII with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English
* B.Sc Nautical Science: XII with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English
* M.E Marine Engineering: Candidates should have cleared B.E Marine Engineering.
* B.Tech Naval Architecture and Ship Building: Candidates should have a pass in HSC/(XII) from a recognized board or university with 50% average marks in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics
* B.Tech Marine Engineering: Candidates need a pass in class 10+2 or its equal from a recognized board or university with 60% average in Mathematics and science subjects i.e. Physics and Chemistry.
* Diploma in Nautical Science guides the candidate to obtain B.Sc: Candidates who are applying for this exam requires a pass in standard 12 from a recognized board or university with 55% average marks. Also Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics should be subjects studied.
* Deck watch keeper: a minimum of 50% in XII with Science (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) or Commerce (with Mathematics)
* Pre-Sea Training GP Rating: Candidates require a pass in X class with a minimum 40% marks or a pass in an ITI course from a Govt. Approved institute with atleast 50% marks in final year. A minimum 40% mark in the English Subject is mandatory either in class X or XII or any degree/diploma course by the AICTE.
* MBA Shipping and Logistics: Candidates should have any degree from a recognized university.
Get In Touch-
Seven Seas Shipping Services